Thursday, May 8, 2014

Ocean Air, Salty Hair

First post for Poptags! Yay! Just to remind you, Poptags is all about "Nearly-New" aka Thrifted clothing. The drill is: I take a Nearly-New Clothing and create an outfit around it! Now let's get going.

If you've read my previous post, you'd know that I am preparing for a week-long beach trip to the Bicol Region, South of Manila. I just thought I'd share you an outfit that I am bringing on the trip with me.

Yay or Nay?

I got a hand-me-down, crocheted, long button down top straight from my mother's closet. (Relax, I didn't steal it. She gave it to me, okay?) I know it doesn't look like much now... it even looks a bit Grandma-ish (No offense, Mom!) 

BUT What I like about it though are:

It's white 

Which means you can practically pair it with anything! It's also summer-friendly since it's airy (can you see the holes in it?) and white bounces of sunlight... but let's not get too scientific.

It has scalloped bell-sleeves!


This top is serving some Bohemian realness that I just couldn't resist!

What I did:


Considering that I am going to the beach and definitely going swimming, I wanted to put together something that I can easily slip in and out from. I still wanted to get a tan so I wouldn't want to cover up much. I used the top as a cover up, grabbed my sunset-printed bikinis, my favorite pair of shades, beads and flipflops and I'm ready to go! One thing I couldn't leave when I go to trips is my beloved Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic, which I'll be reviewing soon as well!


Here's how it looks like:




Hello sun, sand and waves!
(Sorry for the grainy photo. This was taken at night)
Love it, hate it? Sound off in the comments box below! :)


Dreaming of sand between my toes,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment