Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sniffles Log: Day 5

It's been five days, FIVE DAYS, since my head started throbbing. I went to see the doctor last Monday and have been told that my vertigo is kicking back in. I got prescription medicine to maintain it and went home. Yes, maintain and not cure. My doctor said that vertigo is like asthma - it comes and goes. You're lucky if it never comes back.



 That's how it is, I guess. For those of you who are too lazy to Google, vertigo "is a subtype of dizziness in which a patient inappropriately experiences the perception of motion (usually a spinning motion) due to dysfunction of the.." system that is in charge of movement and sense of balance. THANK YOU WIKIPEDIA!

I went back to the doctor today to have my meds replaced cause they don't seem to be working well for me. I noticed that instead of helping me manage my dizziness, I've found that they've gotten worse. The doctor didn't replace my meds and told me to finish the entire dose (3x a day for five days, I'm now on the 3rd day) However, he assured me that the dizziness should be gone by the time I take my last tablets (not very reassuring) and if not, I should go back. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

I'm on my third SL (sick leave) already and have gone through 3 seasons of Community. I AM BORED.



Bed head and blister pack.

Sniffling away,

No comments:

Post a Comment